Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Printing and scaling: why does Excel behave in such a way? PLZ HELP!!!

today I set my print area, my page breaks, and since it was long, i
chose an A3 paper sheet, LANDSCAPE oriented.
The output was 2 A3 pages, which you'd read "horizontally", exactly
as you'd expect after selecting Landscape.

My tables occupied only the TOP part of the sheet, in both sheets.
So I ingenuinely thought "I can have the two pages on the same sheet!"
SO I chose "print two page on the same sheet" on my printer
preferences

THe result was a VERTICALLY Oriented A3 paper, with the two previous
page reduced/scaled down, almost unreadable, with a lot of empty space
around them. You could argue that the two tables were
'landscape'...but the result was not what I had in mind.

I think this is the same question
http://www.excelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=130837

is there a solution?
Which is the reason behind this behaviour?

thanks a lot in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 20, 10:42*pm, Domanda wrote:
[...]

Did you check in View | Page Break View (for page breaks), in File |
Page Setup (for Margins & Size Magnification - even though you've
specified Fit To, on re-entry to Setup, Magnification will be what it
does), and in File | Print Preview (for correct paginating) ?

Alan Lloyd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you check in View | Page Break View (for page breaks), in File |
Page Setup (for Margins & Size Magnification - even though you've
specified Fit To, on re-entry to Setup, Magnification will be what it
does), and in File | Print Preview (for correct paginating) ?

Alan Lloyd

Alan,
the page breaks are nicely put, Zoom is at 100%, and the preview show
me the two pages properly, but TWO pages, not one. As the option to
have 2 pages on 1 sheet is selected via printer option.

My feeling is that -ALTHOUGH I select the print are exactly like my
table- Excel consider 1 page as my talbe PLUS the with under it. Try
to visualize an entire page, even blank. Then if you want TWO of THESE
entire pages (not just your table) on the same page, Excel rotate the
orientation and scale the tables down.
This is the only way to understand it. It become obvious if you put
-as I did jjust to experiment- a footnote among the print options
(like date or number page).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 19:18:06 +0200, Domanda wrote:

[...]

anyone with the same issue?
i dont know what to do, it sounds incredible to me.
I also manually changed sheet margins, so now the date and page number
at bottom of the pages are right under the last row of my tables, but
still excel leaves a lot of empty space between the two tables and
rotate them on the vertical...scaling them down...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 23:42:36 +0200, Domanda wrote:

[...]

You check the box and select "print one page wide by one page tall".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 04:15:13 -0700, CellShocked
<cellshocked@thecellvalueattheendofthespreadsheet. org wrote:

You check the box and select "print one page wide by one page tall".

I tried all possible combinations
Since I still dont know if my question is clear
this is an example of what happens

First case on two pages
http://min.us/mvjhlVO

as you see there is white empty space under the table on first page,
so I'd like to put there the content of second page.

And here is what happens when I say "print the previous 2 pages on the
same sheet of paper"
http://min.us/mvjlAIv

you see is turned vertically and scaled down????