Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default Removing Cell Outlines ?

The outlines are either borders which you can re-format to no borders or, and I
believe the "or" to be most likely................the outlines are drawing
objects.

Try F5SpecialObjectsOK

Editing Category.....click on lower left dropdown and select "Clear All"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:29:34 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hello,

Using Excel 2007 and W7.

Hope I can explain this reasonably clearly.

I copied from a web page two columns of data.
Was probably done originally in a spreadsheet, I would guess.
Each piece of data from this page, is outlined in a dark thin line, both
horiz. and vertically.

Each cell (I'll call it a Cell, even though I am not sure if it is
actually a spreadsheet that is appearing)is therefore "boxed" in both
vertically and horizontally.

No problem, as I was able to copy and paste these two columns into two
columns of a new spreadsheet I am constructing.

But the cell outlines transferred also.
I do Not want the each cell outlined in this manner in the new
spreadsheet I am making.

Any idea on how to remove them, please, from my new spreadsheet ?

Thanks,
Bob