cooper_yonk cooper_yonk is offline
Junior Member

Default does an array contain contents of cell

Hi Everyone

I'm having a spot of trouble with excel and hopefully someone can help.

I have 2 sheets. One sheet has lists of email addresses eg A1 says 'VENDOR' and A2 to A10 have email addresses in them. Then B1 says 'CORPORATE' and B2 to B12 have email addresses in them.

On my second sheet I have a cell (D6 to D200) with a concantinated formalue in it which just joins a number of email addresses together in to one cell.

I want to be able to automatically put a 1 next to the concantinated cell if the concantinated cell contains an email address from the 'VENDOR' list, if not then put a 0. Then on the next cell put a one if the contaninated cell contains an email address from the CORPORATE list and so on...I have several lists of email addresses!

Can anyone help me. Is it something to do with arrays, like
=if somepart of D6 matches an email address in my VENDOR list then 1 else 0

........If only formula's were that easy !