wickedchew wickedchew is offline
Senior Member

Location: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by txheart View Post
Lots of people have read my post but haven't answered, so I thought perhaps I was unclear about what I need.
Workbook: "Returns" contains two worksheets: "Files" and "RA's" - the only thing those two worksheets have in common is a serial number.

When an RA request is received, the file document is made, then the document is sent to the appropriate person. I need to make sure that every RA request has a corresponding file document ("Files") and that every file document has been submitted (RA's").

If a serial number is found within column E of "RA's", but is not listed in column A of "Files", I want to copy the entire "RA's" row over to "Files" and highlighted. Then I can tell if the document still needs to be made.

If a serial number is found within column A of "Files" but is not listed in column E of "RA's", I want to copy the entire "Files" row over to "RA's" and highlighted. That will tell me if there are any documents that have not been submitted.

We have 18 people who update the spreadsheets, according to what returns department they are in, and what they've done with the return in question. If I can get this spreadsheet to format the way I'm asking, it will drastically cut down on the dropped balls, and will be so much easier for me to go through and check the employees progress.

I hope that clears up what I'm asking. Again, thank you for your help, y'all always come through for me.

~Ky

Hello again peeps -
I've been trying to figure this out for about a day and a half now, and I think I'm just gonna have to give up and ask for help.

One workbook with 2 worksheets. My aim is to make sure that every identifier (serial #) on both sheets also appears on the other sheet.

Worksheet 1, RA's, has serial #'s in column E; worksheet 2, Files, has serial #'s in column A. The rows are NOT in the same order - which is what is giving me so much trouble. Any entries that are listed in Files that do not have a corresponding RA's entry should copy itself over to RA's and highlight the row. Any entries that are listed in RA's that do not have a corresponding Files entry should copy itself over to Files and highlight the row.

I just cannot figure out what to do to get the information needed. If there weren't so dang many rows I would just try to visually match the sheets, but yowza - that would be a huge headache.

I sincerely thank you for your help and look forward to your replies.

~Ky
The MATCH function would be able to do the conditional formatting while INDEX and MATCH combo would do the copying of the serial numbers from 1 worksheet to the other.
Asobi Wa Owari Da