Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
steve steve is offline

Default How can I insert a date which is the first date of the following m

In answer to the last sentence you would need to have a macro enabled
workbook with this macro in "ThisWorkbook"

Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1") = Now()
End Sub

This will automatically enter the date when a workbook is opened

from information at http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/auto-run-macros.htm

Regards
Steve

"Md. Muhasenul Haque" <Md. Muhasenul Haque @discussions.microsoft.com wrote
in message ...
Hi,
How can I insert a date which is the first date of the following month of
given date. For example, I have a number of dates and I need to put the
1st
date of the following month. Can I do it using excel formula? or will I
have
to inset the 1st date of the following month manually?
Muhasenul Haque

"AdrianXing" wrote:

Does anyone know of a function that can make Excel automatically insert
the
current date into a cell when a file is opened up?