Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Syed Zeeshan Haider[_2_] Syed Zeeshan Haider[_2_] is offline

Default IF on a range of cells

Hello Everybody,
I am working in Excel 2003 with two lists, dates and prices in columns A and
B respectively.
I am trying to use IF worksheet function to find if any prices in the prices
column match a certain figure (say $24), if a match is found I want to
return a corresponding date from the adjacent column, i.e. column A.

For example, if I am searching for $24 in prices list and it is found in B37
then I want to return the date from A37.

Is it possible? If yes then how? Despite my years of extensive experience
with Excel, I haven't been able to figure that out.

Thank you,
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider