Bob Phillips

You never need SUM and +. At least you need

=SUM(A1,B1,...)

but when the cells are contiguous you can just specify the start and end
cell

=SUM(A1:M1)

or if you want the whole row

=SUM(1:1)

--

HTH

RP

"speakeztruth"
wrote in message
news:speakeztruth.1q2e2o_1117825545.2341@excelforu m-nospam.com...

by doing so ola, will it fix the problem of revising each result cell?
for example, instead of writing out my results cell formula as
sum(a1+b1+c1+d1...) for row 1 and then sum(a2+b2+c2+d2...) for row 2
and then sum(a3+b3+c3+d3...) for row 3...and so on. this is my main
problem. if you can help me with this, i would greatly appreciate
this.
thank you for the every other column solution.
thanks!

--
speakeztruth
speakeztruth's Profile: