Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula for month that is prior to actual

It is not clear to me exactly what you need your to display. Perhaps you can
make use of this formula (where I have assumed your date is in A1)...

="Report Period:"&TEXT(A1-DAY(A1), "mmmm")

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"GoBonnieGo" wrote in message
I saw a question with this title on here and it's exactly what I want...
but
the answer is too technical for me and I'm wondering if someone can
simplify
it. Here's my problem:

Each month, my people fill in a claim for what they did last month. On
top,
I have a cell that lists today's date with the formula =TODAY(). In the
body
of the report, I need to list that the report is for the previous
month/year.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Bonnie