Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default formula for month that is prior to actual

The month previous to Today is:
=date(year(today()),month(today())-1,day(today()))

See if that does what you want.

Regards,
Fred

"GoBonnieGo" wrote in message
I saw a question with this title on here and it's exactly what I want...
but
the answer is too technical for me and I'm wondering if someone can
simplify
it. Here's my problem:

Each month, my people fill in a claim for what they did last month. On
top,
I have a cell that lists today's date with the formula =TODAY(). In the
body
of the report, I need to list that the report is for the previous
month/year.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Bonnie