Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jessejames Jessejames is offline

Default How to lookup multiple values and summing them up in one cell

reply to CLR

thanks for that info. but one condition i will add,
what if that cell a1 has 2 or more same. their value should be add up.
i hope you get my clarification.
thanks in advance.

--
xxxJessexxx

"CLR" wrote:

You can use a regular Vlookup formula, and instead of returning a value, you
can return a formula (or actually the result thereof).........the formula
can be in the second column of your table and actually only the result of
the formula will show there.......

A1= a
B1= =VLOOKUP(A1,G1:H5,2,FALSE)
G1=a, G2=b, G3=c, G4=d, G5=e
H1= =SUM(I1:K1), and copy down to H5

Then, B1 will return the sum of I1:K1........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Amr Abul Laban" <Amr Abul wrote in message
I'd like to combine a sumif and vlookup function. Basically I want to

lookup
a "Name" in a table and sum up the corresponding grades (multiple cells)

in
another table. Can anyone help. Thanks