Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Russell Dawson[_2_] Russell Dawson[_2_] is offline

Default How do I change the format to allow a zero as a first digit?

This can be handled in several ways.

If the format is a set number of digits you could custom format to the exact
number.
If the ID code is treated as text then format as text.
Search in Excel for full info
Leading zeroes
Select
How to handle leading zeros and precision in number codes
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"MongoTom" wrote:

When I input an ID number, they all start with a zero. Excell automatically
removes it. How do I turn off this function?