Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default same numer/character at beginning of cells in row

hi
not with copy and paste. that over writes whatever is in the cell. but you
could concatenate all of the info into one cell
a2 = 3B
b2 = e1000c
C2= more

formula in D2 .... =A2&B2&C2
results in D2 = 3Be1000cmore

the ampersand (&) is the concatenating character.
once concatenated, you could copy your formulas and paste special values to
turn them into hard data. delete all the segments.

Regards
FSt1

"MGD" wrote:

I have to make a worksheet of products. I can copy the part numbers but need
to have all the part numbers preceded by "2M" no quotation marks. example:
starting number looks like this "el000c" need to have it look like this
"3Bel000c".
The information is being copied from several other sheets via cut and paste.
Is it possible to paste the "el000c" number with the 3B already there and
staying after pasting several cells at once?

Thanks in advance regardless of the answer.