Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Vicki B Vicki B is offline

Default multiple files open upon startup

Every Time when I open Excel 2007 after updating from 2003 - multiple files
(140 to be exact) open before I can even select open file to get the one I
want. I went online and download updates today, now it opens 243 files. I
have closed each one, tried to close group (it won't let me), deleted files
all to no avail. How can I stop files from opening automatically upon
starting Excel? It's very frustrating HELP PLEASE I have tried getting
ahold of microsoft directly and can't get any help here either. I'm stuck
without help. Can anyone please help me?????