Kary P.

Thanks for the response, but I don't have a Normal.xlt file.

Before I posted my question here in this discussion group, I tried using
Help in Excel. I tried following the instructions to "Save styles to use in
new workbooks", but it's not working.

Could you possibly give me detailed directions on accessing Normal.xlt -or-
is it a file I need to create?

The organization I work for used to use Corel's Quattro Pro spreadsheet
software. We recently began transitioning to Excel. Quattro Pro allows a
default footer to be used with all spreadsheets. I'm trying to find
something similar in Excel.

Thanks for your help - I really appreciate it!

"Barb R." wrote:

You would have to add the default footer to the Normal.xlt file.

"Kary P." wrote:

Using Office XP -

I work with Excel every day. I like to insert a footer containing the
filename, date, and page #'s on each of my spreadsheets. Is there a way that
I can create a default footer that will appear on each of my spreadsheets
(especially new spreadsheets) without having to go into each spreadsheet
individually like I'm doing now?