Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default selecting records

Hi,

You don't give enough detail but if you want the n smallest(fastest) times
from a ranges of times then assuming the data are in A1 - A20 put this in a
cell and drag down. It will return the fastes then the second fastest etc.

=SMALL($A$1:$A$20,ROW(A1))
--
Mike

question.

"Roy Gudgeon" wrote:

Hi

I have a database with over 200 records containing several names with
various times taken recorded against each record.
I want to be able to sort, then select the best perfroming (fastest) and
compile into a report (by name) preferably via Macro.

I can do this manually but it will need doing on a month to month basis so
want to automate, how canI get excel to select the fastest times from a range
and report in another worksheet
--
thanks
Roy