Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Conditional Formatting Confusion

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:22:05 -0800, Karen
wrote:

I have a cell that contains the value 5.4. The value is a result of a
calculated formula. There is conditional formatting set up in that cell and
it's not turning a different color. When I type in 5.4 in that cell, the cell
color changes accordingly. What could be causing this to happen? I’m confused.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Karen

Most likely the result of your formula is not EXACTLY 5.4.

One fix would be to modify your conditional formatting formula to take that
into account.

Another fix would be to ROUND the formula in the cell to one digit after the
decimal.
--ron