Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Count Highlited Cells

Excel doesn't do this kind of thing very well.

But if the cells are highlighted because of formatting (not conditional
formatting), you could use the UDFs at Chip Pearson's site:

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/colors.aspx
Look for the "CountColor" function.

Recently, I was reading in a different forum (and I can't remember who to
attribute this to): Color is not data.

If you can use another cell for each cell with some sort of indicator of color,
you'll find that it's much easier to count.

=countif(x9:z99,"yellow")
will be lots easier to implement.

Vic wrote:

What is the formula to count Red highlighted cells in the range F2 thru S412?
I also need formulas to count separately Yellow and Sky Blue cells in the
same range.
Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson