Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excel Drop Down Lists

2007.............ButtonExcel OptionsAdvancedDisplay Options for workbook.

You will find Objects....All or Nothing.

Uncheck "nothing"

Gord

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 03:50:01 -0800, biggles592
wrote:

Hi Gord,
Many thanks for responding to my enquiry. Yes I do have "In cell dropdown"
selected and I do appreiciate that the dropdown arrow is only visable when
the cell is selected. I can't however find Tools menu on any of the
following Tabs I have at the top of the screen; namely Home,Insert,Page
Layout,Formulas,Data, Review,View,Developer and Add-Ins. Can you advise
specifically where I can find this "Tools" menu please?. Additionally I did
try saving the file as an .XLSX files rather than a.XLS file in Excel 97-2003
format and running it in compatability mode. Whaddya Know! in XLSX format
the dropdown arrows re-appear but this might be because I've not got
something set or checked in this version that is set or checked in the 97-03
version maybe???! Any ideas would greatly be appreiciated. Many thanks,
Biggles592

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

The dropdown arrow is visible only when you select the cell.

Do you have "In-cell dropdown" selected?

Do you have ToolsOptionsViewObjects set for "Show All"?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 08:48:06 -0800, biggles592
wrote:

I have a range of cells that I have formatted using Data Validation to have
their contents limited to selection from a drop Down list. However the down
arrow at the right hand side of each cell is missing or not displayed. What
could be wrong please?

.