Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
just me just me is offline

Default how to insert a collum on a sheet without it changing cell ref

I would like to thank you both for helping me with my problem, I learned i
could insert the second column then manipulate the numbers and the page would
work without changing the cell addresses. But the real trick was to only call
for the row number range and not the collum at all so the collum would not
update:
=COUNTIF(Numbers!3:3,1)
and the place where I was calling the date just changed to:
=INDIRECT("'Numbers'!A1")
that way the cell reference does not change when I insert a collumn on the
numbers sheet and will show the proper date once the data has been pasted
onto the cells.
--

Thank You both very Much
for taking your time to reply to my post

"Max" wrote:

Sorry, I got carried away earlier. If grabbing the entire row 3, no need for
INDIRECT, just: =COUNTIF(Numbers!3:3,1)
--
Max
Singapore