Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
just me just me is offline

Default how to insert a collum on a sheet without it changing cell ref

OK i will experiment with:
=COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'Numbers'!A3":AE3),1)
because the :AE3 part of the range needs to change as I populate the Numbers
sheet.

--

Thank You all Much
for taking your time to reply to my post

"Max" wrote:

INDIRECT will allow you to always point to the fixed range impervious to
future col insertions/deletions:
=COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'Numbers'!A3:AE3"),1)
The range string: 'Numbers'!A3:AE3 within INDIRECT is just a text string, so
you don't need to use any $ signs. Any worth? hit the YES below.
--
Max
Singapore
"Just Me" wrote:
I would like to insert the collumn at the first collumn, the data I insert
has a date then other numbers below that, I need to grab the date for 1
calculation then the numbers for others. I would have a simular problem with
the date if it is not in A1