Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Russell Dawson Russell Dawson is offline

Default How do I make a negative balance automatically appear in red?

Conditional formatting.

Select you range of cells where you want this to happen

In 2007 - Home tab - Styles - Cond Formatting - Highlight cells rules - less
than - input zero - select you format - ok

I'm rusty now with 2003 but it's something like Format - cond format - value
is - less than - input 0 - select format - ok. Or similar.

Use help and search Conditional formatting.

--
Russell Dawson
Excel student

"LopezMom" wrote:

I have created a budget worksheet. I want a positive balance to appear in
black (got this one) and a negative balance to appear in red. How do I set up
the negative balance to appear in red?