Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default How do I make a negative balance automatically appear in red?

In EXCEL 2007:-

1. Highlight the range that you wish your formatting to apply to (for
example C 1 to C 5).

2. Home / Conditional Formatting / New Rule / select:-

Format only cells that contain

- in here by clicking it.

3. Then change:-

Format only cells with:

- to read:-

less than 0

4. Click on:-

Format

- and change the:-

Color:

- to red.

Hit OK and OK again.

5. Save the file if required.

Now any negative balances appearing in C 1 to C 5 will appear in red.

You can test this out by entering sums into cells A 1 to B 5.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"LopezMom" wrote:

I have created a budget worksheet. I want a positive balance to appear in
black (got this one) and a negative balance to appear in red. How do I set up
the negative balance to appear in red?