Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shweta Srivastava[_2_] Shweta Srivastava[_2_] is offline

Default Query on Group field in Pivot Table

Hi Roger,
Thanks for your message.

I am not able to understand the 2nd paragraph followed with the example.

When I click on Insert tab it doesn't give me any option of Name and then
Define.

I would appreciate if you can brief me about the same.

Regards,
Shweta Srivastava

--
Shweta Srivastava

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

If you have any Text or any Blank cells in your column of dates, then Excel
will not permit Grouping.

Instead of selecting a fixed range larger than your existing data, allowing
room for adding new data, use a dynamic range as your source, which only
contains rows which have values.

For example
InsertNameDefine
Name myData
Refers to =$A$1:INDEX($A:$A,COUNTA($A:$A),INDEX($1:$1,COUNTA ($1:$1))

Right click on the PTBackSource =myDataOK
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Shweta Srivastava" wrote in
message ...
I have a large database wherein under Date column, data is in the format
"Thu
Oct 1 12:00 AM".
When I use Pivot Table Under OPTIONS-GROUP- Group Field is disabled.
I used this to group Date field to either present data by Month, quarter
at
one click.
Can anybody guide me why this seems to be disabled here.
I want to present my data only by Monthwithout changing the format ""Thu
Oct
1 12:00 AM".

Thanks

signature database 4774 (20100115) __________