Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
confusedgeo confusedgeo is offline

Default 2007 not plotting correct values

Ah, something so simple and yet entirely frustrating. Thanks for the help.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

If your x data is being plotted as sequential value 1,2,3 etc. That would
suggest some/all of the x values are text.
Use a empty cell and enter 1. Copy and PasteSpecial Multiply over you X
values.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"confusedgeo" wrote in message
I am having some trouble getting Excel 2007 to chart two columns versus one
another. All I need is for the value in the first column to be the x
value
and the second column to be the y value. Excel disagrees with this and
keeps
plotting the *cell number* on the x-axis. I have been trying figure this
out
and cannot for the life of me figure it out.

I would appreciate any insight on this issue.

.