Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme[_2_] Bernard Liengme[_2_] is offline

Default updating concurrent data on a worksheet and adding new row

Suppose your first row has labels like "Date", "Temperature", "Humidify",
etc
You can type the date into the A cells using format such as 20/Jan (it will
be stored as a serial number and you can reformatted it in seconds without
retying.
To learn more about dates in Excel visit these sites
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqDat.html
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqDat.html

Now you add each day's data at the bottom of the worksheet.
But whenever you wish you can use Data | Sort to get the newest data at the
top.

Alternatively, each day right click the second row hearer (the "2") and use
Insert Row. This will let you add data at the top each day.

Wonder if I have answered your query?
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
"Northern Bytes" <Northern Bytes @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in
message ...
Hi.
I would like to log dates and data (eg temp). I have several functions I
am
doing on the row of data and wish to update daily and add a new entry
while
shifting down the previous entry (the whole row) for some delta
comparisons.
I wish to log 365 days. I am a bit confused how to approach this and of
the
right terms to use or search for and have come to you for some clues. I
wish
to do all this in Excel without an external Database.
Thank you.
NB