Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default SIMPLE CONCATENATE FUNCTION

Another option is to download and install the free add-in Morefunc.xll from:

http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm

Alternate download site:

http://www.download.com/Morefunc/300...-10423159.html

This add-in contains many useful functions including a range concatenation
function called MCONCAT.

The formula would be:

=MCONCAT(A1:A6," ")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rebecca" wrote in message
I apologize for asking such an incredibly newbie question, but I simply
can't
get this to work, despite reading the help files and searching this forum.
am using Windows 7 and newly purchased Excel 2007.

I have a column A with the following words (this is a simple, made-up
example): in

A1 The
A2 book
A3 is
A4 on
A5 the
A6 shelf.

I want to CONCATENATE them into one sentence in one cell. I can get
CONCATENATE to work in one row of cells in two or more columns, but I
can't
get it to work in several rows of cells in the same column. Could you
please
explain in detail how this can be done? Thanks.