Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Denise Denise is offline

Default Excel Template functionality without using "File-New"

Our users tend to use windows explorer to find the worksheet (often times a
template) they want to use and they double click on it to open it up. If
this is a template file, it will open up as if they are editing the template
- rather than opening up a new doc using that template -- and forcing them to
do a "SAVE-AS" and not overwrite the template file.

Is there some code/macro I can use to make it so when the user double clicks
on a template file that is ACTS AS IF they used the FILE NEW MY TEMPLATE menu
selection -- even when they directly double click on the template file?

I know this is a "training issue" but eventually one as to play the hand
they are dealt...

Denise.