Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default averages/if formulas-need help ASAP!!

I've tried =average(e3:e23 (if(d3:23="dj"))

That's pretty close!

Try it like this...

Array entered** :

=AVERAGE(IF(D3:D23="dj",E3:E23))

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Laurel" wrote in message
I have two columns: one has initials of person completing the task, next to
it is the percentage of work that is equal to. At the bottom, I am hoping
have two tables depicting the average % of work and total % of work for
each
person.

I've tried =average(e3:e23 (if(d3:23="dj"))

Basically I have no idea how to create a correspondence between the name
and
% of work...HELP! I'm so confused I can't even really explain my problem
:)