Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Parsing Out a Month from a date field

With so little info I am going to do some mind reading based on dates in col
a and the values in column b and you want the 1st month.

=sumproduct((month(a2:a22)=1)*b2:b22)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Warm FL" wrote in message
In a field, I have the date 1/1/2008, but I only want to know that is was
JANUARY. Because I want to know if the current month is ,< or = the
month
that is in that field.

This is being used when comparing previous years sales activities. So if
got the order in Jan 15, 2008 for my annual product, then I would expect
my
new order to come in Jan 2009 (but not necesarily on the 15th).

Any ideas?