Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Incrementing values

Put this formula next to your first product name and copy it down...

=IF(MOD(ROW(A1)-1,4)=0,(ROW(A1)+3)/4,"")

If you add more products, just grab the last cell with the above formula and
drag it down some more.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"LeLe" wrote in message
I am creating a spreadsheet to import values into my accounting software.
The first row is the product name (actually a reference to another
worksheet
where the product name was developed by referencing various cells). The
next
4 rows are descriptive info and then the sequence starts again. I want to
increment just the row with the product names while leaving the the next 4
rows unchanged. Is there a way to do this? I tried filtering the
worksheet
so just the rows with the product names show but the incrementing is
taking
place as if all rows were visible, so rather than increment as follows: 1,
2,
3, I get: 1, 5, 10 etc. Any suggestions are appreciated.