Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Poppen Poppen is offline

Default keeping text in 1 column

--
make the change

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

you can keep the wrap on, then hihlight your workbook and set yoru rwo height
to 12.75 (default row height). It is generally assumed that people will want
to see everything that is written in a cell when written, so this is how
Excel treats the cells. Otherwise, someone else will be unhappy that the cell
doesn't all show. :-)

"Cindy" wrote:

Thanks for the reply... and yes, I realize that -- but there is too much
text, that is not an option. I forgot to mention that in the first post.

--
Cindy B

"cm" wrote:

Cindy,

If you set that column wide enough to accommodate your longest text string,
it will not wrap or flow over.

"Cindy" wrote:

How can I keep text from overflowing into the next column - if the cell is
blank?
I've tried text wrap - which works, but than the cell row expands - which I
don't want.

I know I can manually set it back,

This is possible using Mr.Sean Timmons method. I tried this and it works ,
but as Cindy said below, unquote "
but I have a large sheet
where I will run into this many times --
It doesn't seems logical to set the column to textwrap to keep it from
running into the next cell -- but then having to manuually set each cell back.