Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anna S Anna S is offline

Default conditional formating: ifs and highlighting rows

That worked too when i substituted the row reference 1's for the 2's.

i still can't figure out how to get the j-cell to show "unresolved" but
that's not too big of a deal. just want to know for curiosity-sake

Thanks!

"T. Valko" wrote:

I need a formula that checks column A for a date
(cuz if it's blank, then the row stays the same),
and then checks column I for a date (and if this is
blank, then the row should be highlighted)?

Yes

Try this as the formula CF formula:

=AND(COUNT($A2),$I2="")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Anna S" wrote in message
The formula in J is: =IF(I2=0,"",NETWORKDAYS(A2,I2,holidays))
so J shows blank on blank rows as well as unresolved rows. So I think
this
means I need a formula that checks column A for a date (cuz if it's blank,
then the row stays the same), and then checks column I for a date (and if
this is blank, then the row should be highlighted)? or is there an easier
way to do this?

i tried using the formulas =if($a2<"",if($i2="",$j2="unresolved")) and
=if($a20,if($i2=0,$j2="unresolved")) in conditional formatting (while
columns A-J are highlighted), with a fill color. but they did nothing.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Well, you have to decide which way you want to go with this.

If you leave column J blank then you can base the CF on column J being
blank.

If you want column J to return "unresolved" then you can base the CF on
column J being "unresolved".

Either way, it's not difficult.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Anna S" <Anna wrote in message
my spreadsheet documents error incidents, with each row showing the
date
the
incident was discovered (column A) and the date it was resolved (column
I).
it also calculates networkdays (column J) -- unless column I=0 -- and
references an array of holiday dates on another sheet.

i would like to create a conditional format that will identify rows
with
an
incident, but no resolution date, then highlight the row and possibly
even
show "unresolved" in column J cell of that row.

Thanks!

.

.