Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excel Autocomplete entry - Delete - How?

So change it.

And read help on Autocomplete and Autocorrect.

There is a difference.

Gord

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 14:20:29 -0500, "Joe727" wrote:

I typed it in a cell that describes what the expense is for.

Joe

.. .
Re-read my reply.

Where did you mistype "Travel" originally?

In a cell above where you are attempting to type "travel"?

Or in the AutoCorrect List?

Gord

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:54:52 -0500, "Joe727" wrote:

Here's an example of what I am trying to do: Instead of Travel, I want to
type travel.

However, when I type travel, it automatically changes to Travel, because I
originally mistyped it as Travel instead of travel.

How do I delete Travel from the autocomplete dictionary?

Joe

Autocomplete or AutoCorrect?

For autocomplete simply delete the incorrect data.

For AutoCorrect you must delete the entry from the AC list

To access the list hit office buttonexcel optionsproofingAC options.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:39:15 -0500, "Joe727"
wrote:

Hi - I have Excel 2007 which is part of Office 2007 Professional running
on
XP Pro SP3. The autocomplete function on a descriptive cell is
terrific.
Howerver, I mistyped an entry.

Question: How do I delete an incorrect descriptive cell entry in Excel
2007?

Thanks

Joe