Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default standard deviation

In both XL 2003 and XL 2007 it is possible to use a column of data fro your
error bars (actually two columns: one for positive, another for negative)
Have a look again in the dialog. If needed come back but tell us what
version of Excel you have.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"Clem" wrote in message
I am making a simple bar graph with two data sets that I want to compare.
want to have the error bars represent the SD rather than % or something
else.
All I can get it to do is put the same bars on both data sets, which is
not
correct. I have calculate the SD and know that it is not the same for
both
sets. Any help would be appreciated. Clem