Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Probability help

As a matter of interest, why =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"6") and not
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"=7") ?

The answers would, of course, be the same if all the numbers are integers,
but the OP didn't say that they were integer, and we wouldn't want to
confuse him.
--
David Biddulph

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
All your questions can be answered using the same technique. For example,
if
we have data in A1 thru A1000 and pick a sample at random:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"6")/1000

is the probability the value is greater than or equal to 7. Same approach
for the other cases.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"Mr_Maruski" wrote:

-- I am working a major project in my statistics class and have hit a
snag.
I have 4 questions that require me to use and show Excel functions
(formulas)
in my worksheet. I can not seem to find the correct way to input
formulas
for the probability of the following information:

I need to find the probability of a number greather to or equal to 7
I need to find the probability of numbers less than or equal to 50K
I need to find the probability of numbers between 150K and 250K
I need to find the probability of numbers less than 49K

I have empirical data sets for to use to find all of the above
information
but can't seem to find the proper formulas. CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP.

--
Derrick L. Maruski
Derrick L. Maruski