Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mikelee101 mikelee101 is offline

Default Calculated column label in pivot table?

Hello,
I have a data table that includes a date field. What I would like is to be
able to extract the month from each datapoint and use those months as the
column labels. I'd prefer to do it via a calculated item in the pivot table
as opposed to adding columns to the data itself, as the data set is dynamic
and others beside myself add records to it. I don't want to have to go into
the data source and add formulas each time I want to refresh my pivot table.
Is there a way to add a calculated field to a pivot table that can then be
used as a column label? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Mike Lee
McKinney,TX USA