Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Andmoreagain Andmoreagain is offline

Default Auto fill typing in cells problem

I'd posted this elsewhere, but maybe it should have been submitted to this
forum. I'm trying to enter data into cells, expecting the auto fill feature
to recognize the data if it has been entered in that same column previously.
In the past, Excel would not auto-fill any data in the cell I'm typing in
until I'd reached a point where my data matched exactly only one identical
cell above. Currently, Xcel seems to auto fill in some circumstances but not
others. Are there settings that need to be changed? I've gone to
Tools...Options...Edit...enable auto complete for cell values. Thanks