Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default Can you sort a column by text going right to left?

Try starting your own thread describing why you don't want numbers
sorted by value.

cmajor335 wrote:
as this Postis 21 months old and nobody has replied perhaps Microsoft have
mucked up the sort in EXCEl. As I have tried to sort product numbers which
could be between 5 and 10 digits long strting with any digit between 0 and 9
and EXCEL2003 want to always sort it by the value, so 999250 comes before
1890046, whereas in all earlier Excel products I have never had a problem.
If any one can help please post the reply here.
GR

"DeepestBlue" wrote:

On a slightly similar vein... Can you suggest a way to sort by IP addresses?
since the format is 10.105.72.1 -255 and there are no leading zeros to
indicate value order. I'm having trouble getting it to sort without is
listing it as
1
10
100