Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
wineforyou wineforyou is offline

Default multiplying

Perfect! thank you.

"JP Ronse" wrote:

Did you specify absolute reference for your multiplier? As you can see iin
Gary's Student formula =A1*$B$1. The $ are important to refer always to the
same cell even if you drag & drop or copy/paste.

Wkr,

JP

"wineforyou" wrote in message
Gary's Student...Thank you so much but I am just stupid, I cannot get it
work.
When I enter the calculation into B1, no problem. But there after my copy
down does the calculation where the B2 is now the A2*B1...then A3*B2..in
other words I cannot get it to do the value as a contant..it keeps
changing
to the previous B value to multiply times the A cell value. HELP!!!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

In B1 enter:

=A1*$C$1

and copy down

In C1, put your multipler. When you change C1, all the products will
change.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200908

"wineforyou" wrote:

if I have two columns A and B. A is filled with numbers that I want to
multiply by the same number and have that total fill B. But I want also
to be
able to change the number and have all the totals update....how?

.