Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Adding an "X" or Check to a cell by clicking on the mouse

A workaround with fonts. Single click on any range to check/uncheck.

1. In the required range (suppose ColD) in all cells enter small letter "e".
2. Select all cells in that range and change the font to Marlett.
3. Adjust the column width to look like a square check box
4. Right click on the sheet tab and hit view code. Paste the below code

If Target.Font.Name = "Marlett" And Target.Count = 1 Then
Target.Value = IIf(Target.Value = "r", "e", "r")
'Target.Value = IIf(Target.Value = "a", "e", "a") 'For tick mark

Try single click on any of the cells in that range. To remove the check mark
click on another cell out of the range and again click on the cell.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"KAZ" wrote:

Good morning,

I am attempting to create a spreadsheet within Excel 2003. I have partially
completed it and would like to have it so that when I click on the boxes an
"X" or a check mark appears. I have tried adding the check box but that is
not quite what I want (not that I've fully figured it out). I want the "X"
or check mark to fill the space with no wording. Can this be done...I am
pretty Excel illiterate and not the best with computers in general so I need
all the help that I can get.

Also, my list is very long and has headings in the first 2 rows that I need
to see when I get to the bottom so that I know which type and size boxes to
check. I have tried playing with the zoom button but to be able to see at
the bottom of the page I have to take it down to 25% and I am old and would
need a magnifying glass to see it...LOL

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! (-: