Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Convert currency to general

--Select the cells and format to text..
--that should take away the $ sign
--find/replace the others

--Find what: .
--Replace with (leave blank)
--Hit replace all

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Adam" wrote:

Hey, thanks for the help, that did convert it to the format i needed,
however, I need to exprt this now to a fixed length file, and I seem to lose
the function when i do this.
I'll muck around with it for a bit.

Thanks again!

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

In a helper column:

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A2,"$",""),".","")

"Adam" wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering is there any way to convert currency to a general format (or
text).
I need to export information from my AP application to my bank. However,
the query comes out of the AP application as a currency field, and the bank
wants it as text.

1e.
$1,480.67 needs to have the $ , and . stripped out (while retaining the
decimal places) so the bank receives it as 148067

Any help is appreciated.