Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CellShocked CellShocked is offline

Default Why is AutoSum iinoperable w/protection when column is unlocked?

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 05:29:01 -0800, Luke M
wrote:

While I agree it is odd that XL doesn't give you the button option, do note
that the keyboard shortcut still works (Alt plus the +/= key)

If you really want a button, you could create this simple macro:

Sub MyAutoSum()
'Performs the keyboard shortcut of AutoSum
Application.SendKeys "%="
End Sub

and then assign it to a custom button on your toolbar.

Can I assign a simple standard function to a button without a macro?