Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom[_3_] Peo Sjoblom[_3_] is offline

Default Returning date instead of 'not null'

Use this instead

=IF('TRACKER '!$AR7="",'TRACKER '!$B7,"")

ISBLANK only works for empty cells not cells with formulas

Peo Sjoblom

"Skeeterj" wrote in message
Greetings all. I am trying to get a return in an "IF" statement only if
the
cell has a date in it. The cell has a formula that pulls from a third
cell.
How do I get a response only if a date has been filled in?

=IF(ISBLANK('TRACKER '!$AR7),'TRACKER '!$B7,"")

Cell $AR7 has a formula in it that scans a range of cells and fills in a
date if they are all populated. The above formula always leaves a blank
because of the formula in the AR7 cell.

Suggstions?

Thanks, Steve