Thrava

Default SELECTION()

Hello everyone.

I cam accross the function SELECTION(), while reading the
web page "Daily dose of Excel" http://www.dicks-
blog.com/archives/category/worksheet-functions/

The section regarding calculating with the selected range.
there, you define the name Sel_Range with the formula:
=MID(CELL("address",($A$1,SELECTION())),6,255.....

I tried to find more information on the function SELECTION
(), but there's nothing listed in excel help. typing the
function in a cell gives an error, but typing the formula
in the define name seems to take the formula.

Any idea what this SELECTION() is/ does?

Thanks