Ragdyer

Thanks for the feed-back.

For your other concerns,
To delete any unwanted names, go to:
<Insert <Name <Define
And simply select the name in the window and click on <Delete.

As far as creating forms, here's an old post that might help a little, with
some start-up basics:

http://tinyurl.com/6w2mj

--
HTH,

RD

"PeterM" wrote in message
Many thanks for your kind help RD...........I used the combination for
example D10:G13
and after your helpful explanation was able to follow your advise and move
the selected area w/o any problems.
I'm also able to use the "name box" with your kind help. How do I delete a
wrong name from that area?
You sure made my day with this help. I wish there was a book I can buy for
just form making....Have a Happy New Year...............Peter

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
When you say:
<"I made a border around several cells"
Just exactly what "set-up" do you mean?

Are they in a single row, across columns - D10:G10
Or a single column, down some rows - D10:D13
Or a combination D10:G13 ?

Depending on the configuration of your selected cells, there are

different
procedures that you could perform to display differing results.

If you used (selected) D10:G13 for example,
Surrounded it with a border,
And maybe added a pattern color of White or Lt.Blue,
You wouldn't see any of the grid lines within the selection,
And you could enter your text in D10, to have it displayed in the top

left
corner.

As far as moving it:
Just select the entire "box" (D10:G13),
And then hover the cursor just outside any one of the borders until the
cursor changes to an arrow.
Then, simply click and drag the entire "box" to whatever location you
wish.

You could also *name* this selection, so that it could be more easily
selected.
Select D10:G13, and click in the "name box", which is just to the left

of
the formula window.
Type in a short name, such as "box" (no quotes), and hit <Enter.

You could then click the name in the name box, and have the box

selected,
where you could easily drag it to wherever.
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-

"PeterM" wrote in message
Happy New-Year to all of you, and thanks for the answers to all of you

as
well. It worked of course. I have another question. I made a border
around
several cells, and put the word serial number in the top most left
corner.
If I like to move this box, how do I make it a movable box, by just
grabbing it and moving it, and how can I keep the writing in that left
top
corner. I tried different things, like combining the cells. (I know it

is
not the right syntax) when I combined the cells the writing went some

other
place, and I could not find the place to click for the writing to be on

the
top left. Would you help me again

please..........Grandpa.............Peter

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
If there is no overlap betseen your internal borders and the border
around,
just delete each side of the border as an individual step. Select the
cells
associated with that side, then do Format=Cells=Border and click on

the
appropriate border to toggle the border off.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Undo only works in a single session of excel. The undo history is

not
stored in the workbook. Also, even within a session, the undo

history
can
become cleared. The "depth" of undo can be set with a registry

setting
as
I recall (believe the default is 16 actions).

each cell has a border property. a large border such as you

described
is
just attained by going through each cell in the selected border area

and
setting the appropriate border. If you want to clear the larger

boarder,
you will have to go to each cell where you don't want a boarder and

turn
that border off. This is best done in Cells=Format=Border Tab

where
you
have more control of the individual borders in a cell. As you have
learned,
it is much easier to add multiple borders than to remove them.

Tom Ogilvy

"PeterM" wrote in message
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At
the
end
decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't

like
it,
was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the

borders
in
the
form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and

not
the
rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different
computer,
because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it

maybe,
or
do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more
question,
will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop at

one
point
or another? Many thanks in advance.........Peter