swatsp0p

This may work for you:

Insert a new column A and in A1, enter April 3, 2005.
In A2 enter =A1+7 and copy down for 52 weeks
In B1 enter: =IF(WEEKNUM(A1,1)-130,WEEKNUM(A1,1)-13,WEEKNUM(A1,1)+39)
(format as General)
In C1 enter =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) (format as Custom, mmmm)

copy B1:C1 down for the 52 weeks.

Hide column A if desired.

Column B is your week number and column C is the month name

NOTE: The weeknumber assumes your week begins on Sunday and week #1 began
Jan 2, 2005. To begin on Monday, WEEKNUM(A1,2) will do that. If Week 1 began
Dec. 26 or 27, 2004, adjust the -14 to -13 and the +39 to +40

HTH

--
The older I get, the better I used to be.

"RichHoughton" wrote:

Hi

Probably a really easy one, but has me scratching my head. I have a column
of numbers (week numbers) for the new financial year. What i would like to
do is put in some formula or code or something in the adjoining cell that
picks up the week number in the first cell and churns out the month, i.e. if
1 was in cell A1, April would be found in B1. It's not quite as easy as
putting 4 weeks per month as some months are longer than others, but i still
dunno. Needs to work on the date of the weeks i think.

Any help??

Many thanks

Rich