RichHoughton

Financial year = April - March

I would therefore have Financial Week 1 being the week that houses April
1st. This needs to be a week day, i.e. if April 1st falls on a Saturday,
Financial Week will start from the following Monday. Clear as mud i know!!

I'm beginning to think a lookup table would be the easiest option. Yes
there would be instances of a 53 Financial week year. 2004/2005 was for
instance.

It would be cooler if an equation could do this.

Thanks all for your help so far.

Rich

"Barb R." wrote:

Could you provide the Month and WW correlation?

WW1-4 April
5-8 May
9-13 June

Or whatever it is. This could be done with a lookup chart or an equation.

"RichHoughton" wrote:

Hi

Probably a really easy one, but has me scratching my head. I have a column
of numbers (week numbers) for the new financial year. What i would like to
do is put in some formula or code or something in the adjoining cell that
picks up the week number in the first cell and churns out the month, i.e. if
1 was in cell A1, April would be found in B1. It's not quite as easy as
putting 4 weeks per month as some months are longer than others, but i still
dunno. Needs to work on the date of the weeks i think.

Any help??

Many thanks

Rich