Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Doug Mc Doug Mc is offline

Default Sort worksheet on multiple keys - Primary, secondary, tirterary, etc.

Thanks Gord,
Lots of things I don't know - newbie for sure!

NEW SUBJECT:
I have four rows at the top of the page that contain titles of the
individual columns.
I want these to print on each page but I can't seem to do it.

Can you give me some hints here please?
Thanks,
Doug

I guess you did not read Help on sort a range.

Sort by 4 columns

Click a cell in the range you want to sort.
On the Data menu, click Sort.
In the first Sort by box click the column of least importance.
Click OK.
On the Data menu, click Sort.
In the Sort by and Then by boxes, click the other 3 columns you want to
sort, starting with the most important.
Select any other sort options you want, and then click OK.

Gord

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:14:29 -0500, "Doug Mc"
wrote:

Thanks Gord,
Do I sort the most important first or last?

. ..
Always remember to experiment on a copy of the worksheet.

Gord

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:54:43 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca
wrote:

Best to have a look at Help on Sort a range.

You have to specify the sort priority yourself.

Sort by, then by, then by.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:46:03 -0500, "Doug Mc"
wrote:

How do I specify the most important, next most important, the next most
important, etc. columns to sort on.
I assume when I do that the remaining columns will stay with their key
column????

Thanks,
Doug