Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Doug Mc Doug Mc is offline

Default Sort worksheet on multiple keys - Primary, secondary, tirterary, etc.

Thanks Gord,
Do I sort the most important first or last?

Always remember to experiment on a copy of the worksheet.

Gord

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:54:43 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca
wrote:

Best to have a look at Help on Sort a range.

You have to specify the sort priority yourself.

Sort by, then by, then by.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:46:03 -0500, "Doug Mc"
wrote:

How do I specify the most important, next most important, the next most
important, etc. columns to sort on.
I assume when I do that the remaining columns will stay with their key
column????

Thanks,
Doug