Tom Ogilvy

If there is no overlap betseen your internal borders and the border around,
just delete each side of the border as an individual step. Select the cells
associated with that side, then do Format=Cells=Border and click on the
appropriate border to toggle the border off.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Undo only works in a single session of excel. The undo history is not
stored in the workbook. Also, even within a session, the undo history can
become cleared. The "depth" of undo can be set with a registry setting

as
I recall (believe the default is 16 actions).

each cell has a border property. a large border such as you described is
just attained by going through each cell in the selected border area and
setting the appropriate border. If you want to clear the larger boarder,
you will have to go to each cell where you don't want a boarder and turn
that border off. This is best done in Cells=Format=Border Tab where you
have more control of the individual borders in a cell. As you have

learned,
it is much easier to add multiple borders than to remove them.

Tom Ogilvy

"PeterM" wrote in message
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the

end
decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it,

was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in

the
form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not

the
rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer,
because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe,

or
do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more

question,
will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop at one

point
or another? Many thanks in advance.........Peter